The Marylhurst School is committed to providing a safe and secure environment. We routinely conduct fire, earthquake and lockdown drills so students, teachers and administrators are well prepared in the event of an actual emergency. Drills conclude when every child and employee is accounted for.
It is essential that parents provide emergency kits for their children to keep on site at the school. Information about emergency kit contents is distributed at the beginning of each school year. Contents include:
- Childs name and kit date written in permanent marker on the outside of the bag.
- 3 x 5 card with child’s name, parent’s name, address and important phone numbers; parents, doctors, dentist, family/friends (include at least 1 out of state contact).
- 1 pair of underwear
- 2 small bottles of water
- 2 pull-top lid cans of food (tuna, Vienna sausage, chicken etc.)
- 1 small pack of tissues
- 1 packet of candy (something that won’t melt)
- 1 purse size poncho OR large garbage bag
- 1 small flashlight with battery
- 1 family photograph and comforting note to child
In order to keep students in a supervised and safe environment environment, Marylhurst is a closed campus community. Should we need to evacuate campus, the First Presbyterian Church at 1321 Linn Avenue in Oregon City is our designated off-site gathering location. In the event that building is unavailable, we go to the Oregon City Evangelical Church at 1024 Linn Avenue.
Inclement Weather Closure
Although The Marylhurst School is not a part of the Oregon City School District, we follow their decisions on weather closures. To receive a text message or email alert of snow closures, sign up for the Flash Alert system for Oregon City district at www.flashalert.net.
• If Oregon City schools are closed The Marylhurst School is closed.
• If Oregon City schools announce a two-hour delayed start, The Marylhurst School K-8 classes begin at 10:30 am, and preschool classes are cancelled for the day.
• The Marylhurst School extended-care program does not operate when school is closed due to inclement weather.