The Before and After Care Program is designed to complement the classroom experience by providing an extended day to families. We align our practices with those used in the classroom, which is why the faculty member who leads the care is also a teacher at our school.
Extended care hours:
Monday through Thursday 8:00 – 9:00 am and noon – 5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please fill out an Extended Care Form each month to select days and times for your individual needs.
Extended Care Forms:
Before Care and Drop-In Care have a 1-hour minimum charge. After Care is billed in 1 hour increments.
- The cost is $8.00 per hour per child.
- Parents who pick up their children after 5:00 will incur a $1.00 per minute charge until the child is picked up.
- All charges for Before Care, After Care, and Drop-In Care will appear on your monthly statement.
- Tuition payments must remain current to be eligible for the Extended Care Program.
- Please know that Before and After Care are billed for the space rather than the child’s attendance.
- Financial aid is not available for Extended Care.
A Letter From the Teacher – Karlie Lane
Welcome to The Marylhurst School’s After Care program. I’m excited to get to know your child!
Whether your child is here for an hour or few, we will follow an emergent curriculum based on your child’s interests. Your children will be busy little workers throughout their classrooms and our school all day and then come to the hive where they will be nurtured and have rest time to re-coup and re-group.
|8:00 – 9:00||Greeting and free exploration of the gym/library.|
|12:00 – 12:30||Lunch in the kitchen. Please provide a healthy lunch for your child. Water will be provided.|
|12:30 – 2:15||Free exploration of the beehive space.|
|2:15 – 3:15||Outside on the playscape (inside gym if weather does not permit outdoor play).|
|3:15 – 4:00||Snack in the kitchen. If your child is staying during this time, please pack a healthy snack.|
|4:15 – 5:00||Quiet reading in the twos classroom or library.|
Note: Rest time on mats will be mandatory per State Childcare Regulations. Please provide a blanket, and or, pillow for your child that can be left at school.
I look forward to spending a short while or a long stay with each of your children.